The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine is looking for highly qualified, motivated and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the position of ICT Assistant in Filed Office in Donetsk region (Kramatorsk). The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization.
NOTE: Confirmation of post grade is pending completion of classification review.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer and overall guidance of the Chief Fund Administration/ Chief of ICT, ICT Officer and Communications Officer in (Head Office) HO the ICT Assistant assists with administration of Mission Members in the following services:
- Acting as focal point for all user related issues in conjunction with ICT equipment; responding to requests for assistance from users; logging calls in a database; maintaining accurate log entries of requests with fault details; searching documentation and previous requests for assistance on related topics to find most effective solutions;
- Assisting staff in the area personally, by phone or via remote access software with technical and procedural computer problems related to the use of ICT equipment and software; identifying problems and implementing or recommending solutions;
- Deploying and redeploying computer equipment for end-users in offices and meetings; carrying out necessary cabling and patching in wiring racks; recording location and movements of equipment;
- Following ICT standard operating procedures and standards installs computer hardware, taking care of IT deployment and performing upgrades and minor repairs of workstations, notebooks and printers; Escalate requests to Kyiv HQ ICT service desk if needed;
- Installing or updating software on user workstations, checking the conformity of workstation configuration with the standard setup;
- Assisting and advising staff members in using all installed PC applications; preparing manuals for the office automation products in use; advising and introducing new staff members in the use of the OSCE standard PC setup;
- Support stable operation of the local network and make any necessary changes to it;
- Perform periodic quality tests of Office’s Communications Systems (GSM, Satellite, HF, VHF, switchboards, leased lines, etc.);
- Performing other related duties as required.
The candidates should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Citizenship of Ukraine;
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal ICT course training;
- Minimum of four years of relevant professional experience;
- Proficient knowledge of AD services, DNS, DHCP;
- Experience in installing operating systems, software and other applications;
- Understanding of network protocol TCP/IP, Network topology. Knowledge of CISCO technologies is highly desirable;
- Very good communication skills and competence in handling user’s problems;
- Knowledge of GSM technologies, Satellite solutions, radio networks (VHF, HF) is highly desirable;
- Working knowledge of English, professional fluency of Ukrainian and Russian languages, both oral and written;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 988.00 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and social security / Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How To Apply
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified fcandidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.